Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Update

So when I don't update this thing that often is means one of two things- that I am either running a whole lot or not running at all. Fortunately it has been because I have been running and riding my mountain bike a whole lot. The last two weeks have just seen a slow increase in milage. I have also been working on my nutrition and hydration during my long runs and that is almost nailed down. I know, for sure, that it was a huge nutrition mistake that made Gunnison so terrible. Had I nailed the nutrition I'm almost certain that I could have hit 5.30 hours.

The week of June 6th- 12th wasn't a great week but it wasn't all that bad. For personal reasons, that I won't discuss here, I wasn't able to commit as much time or energy to training that I usually do. The week saw a little more biking then usual as well. The week included 4.15 hours of biking and 5.05 hours of running with a summit on Green, South Boulder, Bear, and Flagstaff. Not that great but still 9.20 hours.

The week of the 13th- 19th was much better, although it includes a failed trip to Leadville. The week broke down as follows:
Monday- 30 min easy run
Tuesday- off (seeming to become the usual rest day)
Wednesday- Pm- 4.50 hours with two trips up Green and two trips up Bear. Pm- 30 min easy run with my good friend Hana! It was all because of her that I was able to get through this run.
Thursday- Pm= 2.30 hours up Flag with some new loops up top. This was a funny run for one reason. As I was cruising around a bend at the top of the climb (wearing my typical backwards trucker hat and no shirt I caught the sight 4 girls all dressed in identical green dressed. Strange right. I had heard some people talking and just figured it was them. As I fully rounded the bend I realized what was up- I had pretty much ran right into a wedding- as the vows were being exchanged. I took a minute to take in the ceremony and slowly backtracked, I'm sure the bride's maids were checking me out! Pm- 55 min bike ride.
Friday- off. Headed out to Leadville, only to return at 5 am the next morning. I had failed to check the weather and spend the night freezing in a massive storm. FAIL!
Saturday- After a long drive home I didn't want to run. So I hoped on the mountain bike and got in 4 hours.
Sunday- Am- 5.00 hour run with Bear and South Boulder. PM (only about 45 min after my first run was done). 1.10 hours with Anna. A great run, and it was really nice to have the company! In total this run was about 28-30 miles.

The week totaled up:
Bike=4.55 hours
Run= 14.30 hours
Total= 19.25 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment